Saturday, February 23, 2008

7 Things You've Always Wanted to Know About Me!

I've been tagged! Now I have to think up seven things about me that are at least partially interesting. Here goes:

1. I love to knit! Wow, that was tough to come up with. No, really, I LOVE to knit. My husband asked me at one point if it was my mission in life to leave behind as many knitted items as possible. To which I responded, "Well, duh!!"

2. This one is good! I have NEVER knit or crocheted a test swatch for a project in my life. I just have never seen the value of wasting all that time knitting a silly little square when I could be knitting the project instead. (Isn't that naughty!!! Oh the shame!!)

3. I would like to someday make a pair of cashmere long john's, for me of course, (you know the long underwear things you wear under your clothes to keep you warm outside in the winter). Can you imagine how WONDERFUL that would feel?

4. Pizza is my favorite food! I have worked in small town pizza resturants in the past and had the opportunity to eat pizza at least once a day every day (sometimes twice depended on how long the work day was). Did I get sick of it ever? Not once! And I love every pizza topping out there including anchovies--in fact pizza is very good with anchovies, pineapple, green peppers, olives, onions, and mushrooms. Some of my other favorite combinations are pepperoni and onions, mushrooms and pineapple, and vegetarian. MMMMMmmmmm! Now I'm hungry!

5. I know how to survive in the wilderness with nothing but a pocket knife. This comes from a combination of years of camping, hiking, reading up on the subject, a college course in wilderness survival, and practise.

6. I have never been lost. Whether in a city or in the forest I somehow always know my way around. I have been told that I have an "internal compass". Whatever it is, apparently not everyone possesses this ability because my husband is frequently lost--even when he is some place he's been ten times.

7. Hmmm. What to put for 7........Oh! How about this! My name comes from a native american language and means "Thunder bolt". HoneyBunny thinks it fits me--not sure exactly what he is implying by that.

There you have it! 7 random things to know about me. Now, I have to tag seven other people.

Yarn Addict Anni
Hege
My Ice Cream Dairy
Awsome Mom
Under the Afternoon Moon
Tania
The Delusional Knitter

Consider yourselves TAGGED!

3 comments:

Awesome Mom said...

I am swooning over the fact that you have never knit a test swatch. I only do it if I am not sure of the gauge of a yarn which has only been about twice.

I would adore a pair of cashmere long johns too. Oh that would be heaven.

My grandmother told us that because we have a Portuguese ancestor we had a superior directional sense. It is now a family joke. That said I am not sure my husband could navigate his way out of a paper bag. Just today he was driving away from the freeway telling me that if he headed in that direction we would hit the freeway. If it was not for me we would have been hopelessly lost.

Ice Cream said...

Cashmere long johns? That sounds positively devine =). I worked at a hamburger place for a long time and still love hamburgers. I guess with certain things you just can't get enough of a good thing.
;-)

ZONE F DG TEAM said...

I forgot all about your blog till... and thought I'd pop by to se what's new.

Talking abouit pizza. is making me hungry. I oughta go grab a snack.

Visit soon.