Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Huge Announcement!!

I can't believe it! After years of dreaming and working for other people I am going to be opening my own yarn, fiber, and spinning store!!!!!!!! I am so excited. It is going to be a few months while I get the paperwork done and set up but I plan to open by mid-September. I have so many ideas and plans running through my head that I can't sleep at night. It's going to be great! I will post pictures and information here as the whole project progresses.

In other news, I have received my sock yarn orders and let me just say WOW! The new "Tofutsie" is wonderful. If you have not tried it yet I recommend it. I hope they come out with some solid colors at some point so that those "boring sock lovers" that live in my house can have a pair from this new yarn. I will be carrying Southwest Trading Co. yarn in the store for sure!

Also, the summer issue of Interweave Press Knits is wonderful. They have had several very good issues in a row this year. I love the changes they have made to the magazine. With Eunny Jang taking over I am anxious to see what changes she will bring. I know the people at Interweave are all excited to see what she has in store for the magazine. If you have not checked out an issue of Interweave Press Knits for a while now is an excellent time to take another look at it.

Happy Knitting!!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so excited for you to be realizing your dream. I admire your courage to go after what you want!

Anonymous said...

Wow, how exciting about opening a yarn store. I'm so excited for you. I wish I lived nearby.

Thanks for commenting on my blog again. I was just looking for your blog yesterday in my list of blogs and I just couldn't remember the name and I've got so many blogs listed in my list. I've written it down too now so I don't forget again. Sorry about your finger. Hope you get it sorted without a knitting ban.

Tama said...

Anni--Good to hear from you again! It was only a few posts ago that I was whining about needing a job for a "nature-loving yarn lunatic". I took your advice and created the job for myself! Maybe if you come to the states you could see the shop. It's going to be everything I always wanted!!!!!