Wednesday, August 02, 2006

I missed writing yesterday. I have been sick for four days with a cold. Who knew you could get a cold when it is 105 degrees outside? The weather has been a little better the last two days because of clouds and some rain, but I think it has every intention of warming back up just as quickly as it cooled off.

I finished the socks I have been working on for the last couple of months. It always takes a while for me to finish a pair of socks because I have to make five or six other project at the same time or I get very bored. I love that self-patterning sock yarn though! That was a great idea who ever thought that up. I have made probably 50 pairs of socks over the past couple of years since that yarn came out. No, not all for me or even my family, though my husband wishes they were all for him. He swears by his hand knit socks and refuses to wear any other kind.

We have begun the count-down to the first day of school. 17 days including today. Where did the summer go? We started the painful process of school supplies and clothes shopping today. At least my kids agree that shopping early in the morning is a good idea. That way there are a lot less people out. It is still a painful process. I feel like I've been inside a tornado, spinning around and around for hours, when we get done. Especially right now with this stupid cold I've got.

I hope to do some serious knitting soon. My daughter's birthday is coming up and she has picked out several dozen things that she would like for me to make for her. I think the socks I just finished will be a good start since she has been begging for them since I started them.

Well, Happy Knitting!! Until next week.....

No comments: