Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Here it is!!! This is the lace project I have been talking about. As you can see I don't have much done. I need to create 20 of those little "mountains" and there are only six done. Then, when I have 20 little "mountains" and I have joined them into a ring I have to pick up some eight hundred thousand stitches around the straight edge so that I can begin the rest of the project. Piece of cake! I should have it done sometime in the next 10 years or so.

What is sad is that each pattern repeat does not take that long; half an hour or so. But at the rate I am working it.................If I could just keep the house quiet and not have any interuptions (like the phone ringing, or the dog wanting attention, or the kids moaning about how bored they are, etc., etc., etc.) it probably wouldn't take much time to make some real progress.






This is a close-up of the pattern in two of the "mountains". The yarn is a soft, powdery, baby blue alpaca laceweight. I love it! It will definately be a keeper when I finish it.






I also wanted to post a picture of the baby bolero that I made for my friends new baby boy. The picture really doesn't do it justice because you can't feel how soft that pima cotton yarn is. If you have not tried Knitpicks line of yarn called Crayon (100% pima cotton) I highly recommend you purchase some soon and try it out!!!!!! I have to think up something to make for myself out of this stuff soon. It would make a great little nightgown or something that would be worn next to the skin!
Anyway, I hope all of you are enjoying your summer. If it does't cool down here pretty soon I am selling my house and moving to Alaska. It has been over 100 degrees for two or three weeks straight. Last night at 10:45 it was still 90 degrees outside (normally it has cooled off to 75 by that time) and when I got up this morning it had only cooled off to 82 degrees (if you call that cool). I am ready for autumn!!! It can come anytime now.

Hope it's cooler where you are!!!
Happy Knitting!

No comments: