Friday, November 30, 2007

What a beautiful day!

FINALLY, after a month or more of absolutely not a drop of precipitation, we are getting some rain/snow. The sky is completely over-cast and I can't think of anything that I would rather be doing than sitting here in my house, surrounded by the smell of fresh pine, cinnamon, and ginger, in the light of the Christmas tree (What! you don't have yours up yet?), listening to Christmas music, knitting. Is there a better way to spend the day? I can't think of ANYTHING I would rather be doing.



Last week end HoneyBunny and I took our ATV up on the mountain and went for a ride in the snow. It was so much fun! We saw elk and wild turkey's and watched the sunset as we rode through the pine trees on an ATV trail. Only a "one horse open sleigh" ride could have compared. We are going again tomorrow and I can't wait. There should be alot more snow after the storm today. I will definately be posting the pictures when we get back.

The parade of lights is tonight in town. We have never gone. The weather is usually soooooo cold and the roads are too icy for safe driving, but we are going to go tonight. The kids will be thrilled!

Believe it or not, I am almost finished with all of my Christmas knitting! I may even have time to make extra stuff at this rate. Everyone has a new pair of socks. The daughter and HoneyBunny have new hats (unfortunately they needed them right away so they are already wearing them). I have a few pairs of mittens to finish and that's it. The rest of the stuff is for fun--the shawl, turkish socks, Selbu mittens, etc. I don't know if I mentioned this in a previous post, but this year our family decided to make all of our gifts. The daughter has been making candles, the son made hand-milled soaps, Honeybunny is carving and woodburning all of his gifts, and (OF COURSE!) I am knitting all of mine. It has been so much fun!! I feel just like Santa Clause!

Alright, that's all I got for today. I have to get things ready for tonight and tomorrow, and knit some more.

Happy Knitting!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haven't even started my Christmas knitting. My list has been slashed to about 2 people to knit for now plus the 5 fun fur scarves Istill got to do for my neighbour. YUCK. Snow makes me feel homesick. It's just wet, wet, wet here in England. Oh and widy and foggy. Wet, windy and foggy. Wish I was going to Norway for Christmas.