Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Christmas is Coming

I can't believe how fast Christmas is coming. My son was dancing around the house this morning singing, "Only 20 more daaaayyys! Only 20 more daaayyyss!". Wow! Now, I really am finished with the main projects that I wanted to accomplish, but there are so many others that I would LIKE to finish as well--but I don't know if I have time at this point.


After visiting Hege's blog I just had to go take a picture of my crocheted snowflakes. I am unnaturally fond of crocheted snowflakes--to the point that I think a Christmas tree is incomplete without them and therefore EVERYONE should have at least a few. Which is why I have made so many. I love crocheted snowflakes (and little gingerbread men!).



















I finished a lap quilt for my father-in-law. I am not a quilter really, just a wool fanatic. The top part is made from recycled men's wool suit coats and the back is just some soft, silky fabric I picked up that matched--the color is "pewter" which is my favorite shade of grey. Since I took this picture I have added a nice embroidered blanket stitch, in "pewter" colored thread, all the way around the outside edge. It turned out really nice and is very warm even though the batting is really light and thin.
And finally, here is a picture of the hat I made for the Daughter (couldn't get her off the phone long enough to take a picture of her in it so the son volunteered). I found the pattern about 8 or 9 years ago on the internet. I don't know why I waited so long to make it! I made it-start to finish-in only 5 hours! I used Cascade 220 worsted weight yarn and size 6 needles. I love it!
Hope your holiday knitting is going well!

5 comments:

Cloudberry said...

Great hat!

And your snowflakes are just beautiful!!

happy knitting :)

Awesome Mom said...

That is a neat quilt. I wish I was further along in my Christmas knitting, but I keep changing my mind about what I want to knit and casting on non Christmas projects.

Fiber Chic said...

The snowflake(s) look so cool (no pun intended) The hat and blanket look neat too--very wintery!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous stuff, but you've made me panick. I'm trying to pretend Christmas is still months off. Done mos t of the Christmas shopping. Just got lots to get ready in the house (ie just decorated the lounge and got to put everything back and have new sofa delivered etc). I'm really panicking now.

She Knits Flying Monkeys said...

Love the hat! Care to share the pattern?