Friday, April 13, 2007

YEAH! IT'S FRIDAY

I am so glad it's Friday. I don't know why though. It's not like I work and have the weekend off or have any special plans. It must be because I know that none of us have to get up and get ready to go anywhere tomorrow. No school, no lunches to make, no kids to run hither and yon, no alarm clocks going off. Everyone will sleep in and then spend a lazy morning watching cartoons (Hubby is a faithful "Jane and the Dragon" watcher--I know, kind of weird). Sometime around 9 or 10 I will make something yummy for breakfast/brunch and then we will slowly begin to shower, dress, etc. Yes, that is why I am glad it is Friday--I love Saturday. And Sunday is even better. No house cleaning, no laundry, no shopping, just relaxation. AHHHHH.... I love the weekends.

No, I don't have the pants finished yet. However, they are close enough that they will be finished before the weekend is over. There will be a picture posted I promise.

If you get the chance, check out Stacey's socks for April on http://samkal3.blogspot.com. Most of the comments have been "WOW!" Few commenters have been able to find adequate words to describe their feelings about these socks. They are really something!!!! I feel so inspired by them, yet I promised myself NO NEW PROJECTS!!! until I had a few current ones finished. After all, just the pants project is taking up a lot of space on my desk (this is where all of my immediate projects sit so that I can't ignore them). I certainly don't have any extra room right now for another project. I am not joking. There is a half-finished sweater on my printer, two pairs of socks, a capelet, and another 1/2 to 3/4 finished sweater sitting to my right, along with various pattern books, bills that need to be paid, my book I read while I knit, several tape measures, calculators, misc. books.......bet you wonder if I can even see the top of my desk.

Anyway, I will post the picture of the pants next time and try to get in a new pattern for the month. So check it out next week!!!

Until then....
Happy knitting!

No comments: