Tuesday, June 27, 2006


This is a picture of a capelet I crocheted recently. I had spun some absolutely gorgeous yarn, a blend of angora/silk/cashmere/and merino wool, then hand dyed some of the yarn for the motifs. The fiber was sooooooooo nice to spin!!!!!!! I am sure there are softer fibers out there but I can't think of any right off the top of my head. If anyone would like the pattern I could post it on here. It's pretty basic except for the flower motifs.

I finished reading "Yarn Harlot...the secret life of a knitter". It was fantastic!!! Two thumbs way up for this. If you like to read about knitting and great knitting stories, this is the book to pick up. I will read it again.

I recently received some hemp yarns and twine that I had ordered. WOW! The hemp twine is really cool to work with. If you haven't ever worked with hemp, try it! I crocheted some sandals with the twine that are awesome. I will try to have a picture of them the next time I write. I plan to sell the hemp yarn, twine, and things made from it on ebay and on my web site (if I can ever get the dang thing figured out). I will post pictures here as I complete the projects.

Well, I am still working on the lace project. I haven't done much the last week, ok, so I haven't even picked it up in the past week. At this rate I don't think I will ever finish it. It is beautiful!!! but who cares if you never get past the edging? I did show it to a friend of mine who had taken a lace knitting class a couple of weeks ago. She believes that lace knitting just isn't in her future after taking the class. However, she agreed that what I had knit, so far, was beautiful. Lace knitting is not for whimping, quick gratification, knitters that's for sure!

My kids are whining about needing breakfast so I better cut this short.

Happy knitting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: