Friday, April 19, 2013

What's New?

Had another doctor's appointment yesterday.  All my lab work came back normal.  Which is good and bad. Good because that means I am not dying of a heart attack, liver problems, kidney problems, thyroid problems, Lyme disease, Rocky Mtn. Spotted Fever, etc.  Bad because the only thing we DO know is that whatever is going on is not all fixed with a dose of anxiety medication.  Meaning that I have SOMETHING besides anxiety causing me health problems we just still don't know what.  So, back to the lab for more tests :/

I have been able to sit still a little bit and do some knitting finally.  (As you recall, sitting still was bringing on the episodes and still is it's just that the anxiety medication keeps it from bothering me to the point that I can't function).  The Daughter is going to be having a baby girl in August so I have been trying to put together some baby stuff for her.  I made the baby booties from the book "Last Minute Knitted Gifts".   Not really the best bootie pattern in the world, but fun to make.  I have also made three cotton chenille wash clothes using this pattern that I found on Ravelry.  The pattern is REALLY easy to memorize and works up quick.  I'll post pic's of them all when I give them to The Daughter at her baby shower coming up next Saturday--don't want to ruin the surprise in case she gets on here and reads the blog :)

The T-shirt sweater is in "black hole knitting" mode right now.  I think I have knit on it through three movies and only added two inches to the length.  I hate when progress is slow!  If I can ever get the body of the sweater to 16 inches long I can consider it practically done.  The lace yoke part, even though there are considerably more stitches at first, goes fairly fast and before you know it you are done!!  I am looking forward to moving on to some other projects!

Happy Knitting!  And thanks for all the hugs!


No comments: