Saturday, October 03, 2009

Ooooo's and Ahhhhh's

I realize what a "Knit" wit this makes me look like, but in the middle of designing last months sock pattern for Sockamania and spinning up the yarn for, and knitting two pairs of hunting socks for a customer I made this sweater:




Isn't it great! I love it. It turned out really good. The yarn is some I bought with my birthday money back in August. It isn't Lopi, but it makes a good substitute. It is the same yarn I used for the last sweater I made (Mauch) in different colors. The pattern is from "The Best of Lopi" also and the pattern name is "Brigitte".


And look at the cute buttons I found to put on it! I found the buttons at Blazing Needles in Salt Lake City. I love pewter buttons!



Anyway, the socks for my customer don't look too exciting, but they are made from my handspun angora/wool blend yarn. They are sooooo soft! and the minute you put them on your feet warm up. I am going to have to make some for my family for this winter. I made a nice fingering weight yarn and knit them up on US size 2 needles. Very plain, but very warm!
I love knitting!


3 comments:

Awesome Mom said...

Amazing!

Cloudberry said...

Beautiful jacket! I guess you need it if the weather is as cold as here ;)
We woke up to a couple of cm of snow today ao the kids are thrilled :)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous cardi and the socks look so soft.