Thursday, May 22, 2008

snif, snif ;o( snif, snif


Well I have known for several years now that this day would come. I tried to prepare myself and tell myself I would be ok and everything would be alright. However, I have been weepy and melancholy all day.My precious baby has completed his elementary education and will become a "Middle-Schooler" when school starts in the fall :o( I am so sad. He is such a wonderful boy. After all the trouble he was as a baby--with all of his problems (heart, allergies, stomach troubles, crying, etc) he has been a model child.
I went to his "Me Celebration" at the elementary school that he has attended since kindergarten today. I was really nice. A local photography company went around taking candid and posed pictures of all the fifth graders in the school and put the collection together on a disc for the kido's to have as a way to remember all the good times. I cried the entire twenty minutes it played. I thought of how sweet and good all these kids have been as I have gone to the various classrooms over the years for different events. I thought of all the wonderful teachers that have loved my son and, in turn, have caused him to love school. He still runs up to hug his third grade teacher everytime he sees her.With the world becoming more and more uncertain all the time I hate to see him have to go through all the trials, pressures, and troubles that come with growing up.

I hate the thought of him loosing that innocence that seems to fade much too quickly when the teenage years set in. I hate to think that the smile that seems to always cover his face could turn to something sarcastic or rude. I hate to think about him growing up........period.You will always be my little boy, no matter where you are, no matter where you go, no matter what you do. I will always remember these precious first 12 years.

I love you.

Mom

1 comment:

Awesome Mom said...

What a handsome guy! I know that my two are growing up far too fast.