Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Please Pass the Chicken Noodle Soup and Tissues

I am so sick! and have been for 4 days. I wasn't too bad when I posted on Monday, but yesterday was TERRIBLE. I didn't even knit! My adorable little boy brought it home from school and promptly gave it to The Daughter who thought I should join them. Needless to say, HoneyBunny is avoiding us all. He thinks that all the coughing associated with this cold would be very painful to do with all his current back problems. I don't know what he is talking about. For one thing, I re-adjust my neck everytime I cough and I am really working those abs! I should have a nice six-pack by tomorrow! For another thing, I can't hear what he is really saying because my head is sooooooo congested that he would have to yell, while standing next to me, in order for me to hear him.

Normally I can keep a cold from really taking hold by increasing my vitamins, eating a spoonful of natural honey, and drinking a lot of honey/lemon tea. This cold refuses to be suppressed. No matter what natural remedies I have tried, that are tried and proven to work, this cold insists that it is going to run its course and that is that! It starts with a funny little tickle in your throat, then a severely sore throat, next comes the "elephant sitting on your chest" and tight, persistant cough. After suffering with the "elephant" situation for about 36 to 48 hours your head decides it has been missing all the fun and becomes hopelessly congested to the point that your feel really light headed and you can't hear anymore. The wimpy cough and cold medicines from the store give NO relief! I have taken everything that says "Sever" on it and have received no relief. I'm telling you!!!! this cold wants you to SUFFER!

I have a meeting tonight that I HAVE to go to and, of course, evening is when this monster is at its absolute, miserable, worst! I can see it all now, I am trying to read lips and end up saying "Huh?" until I loose my voice, all the while repeatedly coughing this gunk out of my lungs, and spreading the germs!

Just you wait til tonight! Yes, you know who I am talking to! We just had to meet tonight! You'll be ssssoooooorrrrryyy!

"cough cough cough cough, sniffle, sniffle, cough, sniffle, ahem, ahem, cough, sniffle, ahem!"

Could someone please pass the chicken noodle soup and a tissue?

1 comment:

Awesome Mom said...

I hope that you feel better soon! Being sick is no fun.