Friday, January 11, 2008

It's A Small World (NOT!) After All




















It is not a secret that my one true love in this life--besides HoneyBunny of course--is knitting socks. However, in my small minded existence, I occasionally think that I am one of only a handful of knitters that knit socks. So, yesterday I was in the mood to surf around the internet and look at some sock patterns that had been referenced on Ravelry. Let me just say W--O--W!!! There are so many sock patterns out there--some that are so amazing, wonderful, incredible, leave me speechless, that I can't believe they aren't in a book--that one will never live long enough to knit all of the socks one would REALLY like to knit. I had the crazy thought that I could make it my life's work to try to knit them all though! I knit pretty fast and have made hundreds and hundreds of socks (so many that I can honestly make them in my sleep), but sadly I will die a very old woman before I am able to make ALL of the socks that I would like. I was so taken back by the number of sock loving knitters out there!! And that is just the ones who are on-line. I am sure there are at least that many out there that aren't on-line. WOW!
In an effort to not be "out-done" I thought I would post some of my "amazing" socks that were my firsts (the first three pictured) and some of my latest (all the rest).



I just love knitting socks. It seems that my latest are so boring after those first 50 or so socks, but that is because the main wear-er of my socks is the "Boring Sock Lover"--HoneyBunny. I need to return to those exciting ones. They are so much fun!!

Well, I'm off to see if I can find the pattern for that pair of 12 color Turkish socks I wanted to make a few years ago.

Happy Knitting!

2 comments:

Awesome Mom said...

Sicks are a lot of fun to knit. I am planning on making a lot more too. I am very impressed with your color working skilz. That is something that I am still working on.

Carol Van Rooy said...

Your socks look amazing. I've just begun knitting socks and have posted my first one done on my blog the other day.

Please check it out.