Friday, January 04, 2008

Cabin Fever!

Now don't get me wrong...I love HoneyBunny very much and enjoy his company very much, but when he is on seasonal lay-off from his job the house can get VERY small!! I am a morning person. If I am to get any housework done I have to do it in the morning. If I am going to run errands, I like to do it in the morning while the rest of the world is still asleep or at work--once lunch hits town is a mess! However, when HoneyBunny is home he likes to stay up really late and then sleep in until 10, 11, or even 12 o'clock the next day. Then he wants to run around town and shop and do all this stuff in town. Well, I hate it!!! I have to be home when my kids get out of school, I have to pick the daughter up because it is too far to walk in this bad weather and HoneyBunny just doesn't understand why we have to come home just as he is getting going. I also hate television!!! I love to watch movies, documentaries, etc, but I find the tv being on just so that there is a noise in the house bugs me to death! HoneyBunny likes tv, he doesn't care if its court tv, talk shows, soap operas, etc. He turns it on the second he gets out of bed and would leave it on even if we weren't home if I didn't turn it off as we were walking out the door.
So, I have been doing a lot of knitting in order to steady my nerves. I currently have 5 pairs of socks, a sweater, a shawl, and a hat that I am working on all at once. I have been doing so much that my hands are sore today. I just may have all of next years gifts done before summer at this rate.
This is a hat I finished last week. The son thinks it should be for him, but since I already made him two hats this season he doesn't really need another one.
These are my December Sockamania Socks. Aren't they WONDERFUL! I just love them! I waited until Christmas Day to start them because I had so many other projects I was working on. I wasn't sure that I would be able to finish them by the deadline--December 31, but I did!!

This is another hat that I finished after the green one. Honey Bunny wanted this one really bad to go with his socks that feature the same skull-n-crossbones pattern, but it turned out just a little too small for him.

I'll have to post the pictures of the rest of the stuff as it gets finished and photographed. In the mean time Happy New Year to all of you! Hope this year is full of all the yarn, projects, and fluffy fiber you can handle!

Happy Knitting!

4 comments:

Fiber Chic said...

Love the skull and cross bones and the socks!

Fiber Chic said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cloudberry said...

I like to get things that involves going to town early in tha day too. I hate crowded shops or traffic chaos.

The hats and your socks are great!

Have a great new week :)

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.