Thursday, July 05, 2007

Another Day In the Life of...

I really have nothing exciting to write about today (thank goodness). I really have had quite enough excitement going on with hernia surgery, keeping up with child 1 and child 2 as they seek more and more interesting summer adventures, and getting ready for my surgery next week. I am currently experimenting to see just how much knitting I can get in before my surgery and trying to see if I can come up with some creative way to knit after (while the hand is immobilized). I have knitted 3 pairs of socks (one lace pair, one tiny pair, and one with skull and crossbones on it),

















and started a lace shawl (that I fully intend to have finished this weekend just to see if I can do it). (I will post pictures of the lace socks and shawl when I unload my camera after the trip.)



We are going out of town for the weekend which means LOTS of knitting time--uninterupted--in the car and motel room. I think all knitters should have permanent room service--just think! no laundry, no cooking, no cleaning, no nagging significant other complaining that all you are doing is knitting--what a life!!



Well, I really should get going before someone notices that I am not packing, not to mention I have a really exciting project I want to get to before my surgery and that means the shawl has to be done!

Happy Knitting!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see your lacy socks and shawl. And i hope your surgery goes well next week and you have a nice time this weekend. And as for nagging husbands complaining all you do is knit, I've got one of those. Think he's fed up with no housework (or not much) being done. I keep nagging him to make me a studio/workshop in the garage, but I think he's worried I'll spend all my time out there and no time in the house. LOL . He may have a point. LOL.

Tama said...

I am a little nervous about the surgery on Friday! The shawl is really turning out gorgeous! I may have to make one for myself. I can't imagine what would make your husband think you would spend all your time in a studio/workshop (LOL!). If he puts a sink and other objects needed to dye yarn in there he may never see you again! LOL! Your yarns are amazing, I can't wait to get mine!

Unknown said...

If I had skinny ankles like you, I would take pictures of them everyday!

I love the skull and cross-bones socks. Those are cool.

Missed you Sunday. I hope you had a good time.