Saturday, July 25, 2009

As the World Twists and Turns

Once upon a time I wrote about knitting and yarn and the latest Yarn Harlot book. Now it seems like this blog has become my frustration outlet. I do apologize for that.

I was filling out a "Returning Student" admission form for college yesterday and had to go back through my blog to see what year it was when I last attended school. As I searched the entries I read a few, of course. I have lost myself somewhere in this whole twisted mess of insurance companies, doctors, lawyers, moving, jobs, etc. It is interesting how we can become so different in such a short amount of time. For example, I swear a lot more than I ever have--a definate sign of deep frustration for me. My temper is as short-fused as it was when I was a teenager--something that I have desperately worked on to control for years.

Some how HB and I have got to get this whole mess ironed out. It is really beginning to wear me out.

We made the decision, well the deciding part we already did like 9 months ago, to move back to Colorado. We have just had it. I don't know if it is the motel atmosphere that has ruined our entire Wyoming experience or if it's "just Wyoming". Either way, we can't leave here soon enough for me. I plan to go back to college and finish my degree while HB works on putting his life back together and getting some health care for a change. We already found a house and are just waiting to hear back from the owner. If everything falls into place, we will be "home" in three to four weeks. I guess we'll just go back to where we were two and a half years ago and start over.

Nothing new on the knitting front. I did finish my Lazy Leaves socks for Sockamania, swing by there and check them out. They are the ones that I was enjoying knitting so much with the wooden needles. I was almost sad to be done with them. I enjoyed each and every stich! Don't know who they will be for, but they joined the other dozen pairs that I have made and not given away. Maybe everyone in the family will get socks for Christmas this year. I don't know how some of them will feel about that, but at the rate money is going and with me attending school again they will be lucky to get anything at all.

I will try to stop posting all of my drama and go back to fun stuff. I just need to eliminate some of the drama and start DOING some of the fun stuff again!

Keep knitting!

No comments: