Saturday, September 20, 2008

My Life is Turned Upside Down



Well, the day is almost here. Tuesday September 23rd we will be leaving our old home for a new home. I didn't realize how many friends I had made or how attached I had become to my life here. It has been really hard as I have experienced all of the "lasts"--my last day at work, last Sunday at church here, last time I would take one of my homemade treats over to my grandparents home, last time I would ever see my dog (this was extremely traumatic!), my kids last day at school, last time I would ever call my husbands work phone to let him know I was on my way home, etc.

You have to understand, I have never lived somewhere for this amount of time. I have heard other people talk about how much they would miss their friends, home, etc., but I have never experienced it myself. And let me tell you, it is so hard. In addition to being emotionally exhausted I am also physically exhausted. I didn't know if I was going to make it through today without just collapsing.

Not only all of that but I have not knit one stitch for two weeks!!! I can't remember the last time I went that long without knitting. It's terrible! I simply have not had time. As you know HoneyBunny has all of those back problems and cannot do that much packing or cleaning and absolutely no lifting. So I have done almost everthing by myself. A few of my friends have come over when they have had time to help, but the bulk of this entire move has fallen onto my shoulders. Thank goodness for The Daughter! She helped me carry out a moving sale that took two weekends to complete. I couldn't have done it without her! There just hasn't been two minutes for me to knit. I miss it very much and CAN'T wait for it to all be over!!!

The next time I write I will have experienced the last of my "lasts"--the last time I will ever walk through the door of my home here.

4 comments:

Awesome Mom said...

Hang in there! Just think of all the fun firsts you have waiting for you. It is never easy to rip up your life like that.

Cloudberry said...

*hugs*
But as awesome mom says, you have a lot of great thinhs ahead of you!

ZONE F DG TEAM said...

I too have never had to pick up and leave everything.

GOODLUCK!!!

Fiber Chic said...

Good thoughts coming your way to make the transition smooth.
You'll do great-can't wait to see the yarn/souvenir shop!